Skip to main content

Celebrating Mother's Day in Korah

 
Recently we celebrated Mother's Day at the Hope for Korah compound with a luncheon that included special cakes from Kaldi's Coffee House - a real treat!!  The children presented their mothers with roses and the leaders shared our letter below from Canada; as an encouragement and expression of our gratitude and love for these beautiful mothers in Korah...
  
 
To My Dear Friends and Mothers in Korah,

Today I want to wish you a “Happy Mother’s Day”.   In North America, this is a special day we celebrate every year in the month of May.  It is a day to honour the special mothers in our lives!  For me, when I think of the strongest and most courageous mothers I know…. I think of YOU!  You have sacrificed and given so much of yourselves in order to love and

provide for your children.  I know many of you have suffered much and worried for your children in so many ways, that I have never known.  Your lives and your courage, give me strength and courage as a mother.  You have taught me much and I am a better mother to my own children because of you…. Thank you.
 
I hope that on this Mother’s Day, you will remember and know that each of you are special – you are loved and you are very much needed.  I believe God has given you the most important role on earth – to be a mother.  Your love and your commitment to your children, gives them hope, strength and the ability to love God and to love others.  They will grow up and make the world a better place because of your love and example to them. They may not always let you know this, but this is truth! You are so important to your family…. and I am so honoured to call you my friends and my Ethiopian family.
 
May these Mother’s Day flowers remind you that you are beautiful! You are valued and every day the most important thing you do is love God first… and then to show His love to your family.  May He give you strength, wisdom and love beyond measure as you continue to serve God in this most beautiful way.
'Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous; is not proud; is not conceited; does not act foolishly; is not selfish; is not easily provoked to anger; keeps no record of wrongs; takes no pleasure in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.
~ I Corinthians 13:4-7'
 
GOD LOVES YOU! YOUR CHILDREN LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU!
 




 
 
 



 



 
 

Comments