Skip to main content

My bags are packed and I am ready to GO… I mean - UNPACK!

I began this post last week before leaving Canada, and no matter how I tried the blog would not let me post it, technical difficulties… So, here it is, the NEW and REVISED VERSION.

After many full days of crossing off lists, packing, unpacking, rearranging and repacking I can actually say I am ready to go!!  Well… THAT WAS MONDAY. I began with 3 hockey bags full and ended up with 5 bags – almost 400 lbs of donations and mail!! Talk about mail! One and one half bags are full of Brother Sister Friend letters and special notes from 'kids to kids'. It is such a privilege to be able to bring these precious notes and many supplies to the children and families of Korah.

FAST FORWARD TO FRIDAY: When arriving in Korah, I was welcomed by many whom I love and cherish. It is so good to be here and it was a joyous homecoming indeed! To read more and see pictures, please go to the Hope for Korah Facebook page.

All of those heavy, hockey bags are now being unpacked, organized & sorted! Abraham’s guesthouse looks like a disaster zone! There are school uniforms, supplies, gifts, hoodies, baby items, etc. all over his living room! These next few weeks will be very full as we prepare for our family sponsorship kids to start school, set up HFK Kindergarten class, work with our sponsored families and the elderly lepers, assess some new families, and take the next very important steps in our income generation project. We appreciate your prayers – God goes before us and without His guidance and leading, all our efforts are in vain.

There will be many more details and photos to come on our Hope for Korah Facebook page. (When in Ethiopia, I find it easier to use Facebook than this blog so please check there for regular updates.)

Now for a quick update on BABY ABRAHAM… Please keep praying as God continues to work in the circumstances. Right now we are still waiting for crucial doctors’ letters and decisions to be made concerning the critical surgery he needs. Please be praying for these to come quickly and for his health and protection as we continue to wait.

Thank you everyone for the many prayers, encouragements and support. You are a blessing to me and to those who live there!


Comments